Is there any issue with your MacBook Air which you are unable to resolve after trying every trick you knew? Or, it is causing furthermore trouble in your work that you are unable to resolve? Or, you are selling it off to someone who you do not know closely or you are just dumping it? Well, in all these situations, you must reset MacBook Air to its factory defaults so that you can start using it afresh or give it off to somebody without having to worry about losing your data.
This guide shall guide you on how to completely reset your MacBook Air to its factory settings so that all the data stored on it will be completely wiped off. So, before you implement this procedure, make sure you have backed up your data beforehand because factory resetting MacBook Air will clear all the data present over it including all your personalized settings.
Method to reset MacBook Air
Here is the stepwise process to reset MacBook Air:
- On your MacBook keyboard, press and hold the Command and R keys
- Then, you should turn on your Mac device
- Release these keys when your screen shows the Apple logo on it
- After that, you have to select your language and then tap “Continue”
- On the next screen, choose “Disk Utility” and tap “Continue” again
- Then, you should choose your startup disk utility which is usually “Macintosh HD”
- Next up, you should choose the “Erase” button
- Now, select the “Mac OS Extended” and click “Erase” for this as well
- On the next screen, you should choose “Erase”
- On the final screen, click on “Done” and exit the window
After you completely reset MacBook Air to its factory settings, all the data stored on it will be wiped off.
As soon as you complete this procedure, you should reinstall the macOS on the same device to continue using your MacBook. To know how to reinstall the macOS, make a visit to how-to-reset.com and get the complete details.