You might have landed on this article because you wanted to access or add your AOL account on the Outlook emailing portal. One can easily do this by using the IMAP Protocol. But, before you commence with the process, make sure that you have your aol mail login credentials handy with you. Once you connect both these email accounts, you will be able to access your AOL account on Outlook and receive all your emails from both servers in a single place. After completing the necessary steps, you will be able to send AOL emails along with receiving them.
By using the same protocol, you can also add your AOL account to other email service providers such as Yahoo, Gmail, Thunderbird, and many more. So, in today’s post, let us learn more about connecting AOL mail to Outlook. The procedure given below will be applicable on Outlook 2019, 2016, as well as Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Method to connect AOL mail in Outlook
In this procedure, we will use the “Add Account” feature for linking the two accounts:
- Open Outlook on your device and log into your account
- After that, click on the “File” option at the top
- Now, the pane that opens at the left, select the “Info” option
- Next up, you need to click on the “Add Account” button
- Afterward, you have to enter your AOL mail login email address
- Tap on the “Connect” option to proceed
- In the next field, provide your AOL account login password
- Again, tap on the “Connect” option
- Click “Done” after entering all these details
- This was your final step towards connecting both the email accounts
In this post, we have learned how easy it was to connect your AOL mail login account with a Microsoft Outlook account. In case you have, you have forgotten the login details on any of these email accounts, then you need to first recover your account and then proceed with these steps. By the end of this post, you will be able to connect these accounts together.