What is Coaching?
There are multiple definitions out there to answer this question. Put it all together in simple words- Coaching is a collective involvement of multiple attributes that are used by a coach to assist their coachee(s) to enhance and progress towards a superior future (for example, accomplish goals, make better decisions, improved behavior, efficaciously handle a particular scenario, etc).
In the course of coaching, the coach guides the coachee to address the challenge with a simplified approach. The coach always stays neutral and creates a secure place for the coachee to find a solution.
What does a Coach do?
Here is what Scrum Master as a coach does:
- Indulge in active listening with an open mind.
- Ask powerful questions; this instigates finding their own solutions.
- Reflect: Enhance the ability of coachees to be well aware of their thinking
- Establish a better clarity of objectives and thoughts.
- Leads by example and practices generative listening.
- Enable culture and structure that encourages the coachees to take necessary actions.
- Help the Scrum team to unleash their purpose and value.
This blog on "What is an agile coach?" is originally published on Agilemania.