Nasogastric Tube Market: Introduction
- A nasogastric (NG) tube is a flexible tube of rubber or plastic, which is passed through the nose, down through the esophagus, and into the stomach. It can be used to either remove substances from or add them to the stomach.
- An NG tube is only meant to be used on a temporary basis and not for long-term use
- If a person cannot eat or swallow, he or she may need to have a nasogastric tube inserted. This process is known as nasogastric intubation. During NG intubation, a doctor or nurse will insert a thin special tube through a nostril, down the esophagus, and into the stomach.
- Insertion of a nasogastric tube provides access to the stomach and its contents. It helps to drain gastric contents, decompress the stomach, obtain a specimen of the gastric contents, or introduce a passage into the GI tract. This enables treatment of gastric immobility and bowel obstruction. It also allows for drainage and/or lavage in drug overdose or poisoning. In trauma settings, NG tubes can be used to aid in the prevention of vomiting and aspiration, as well as for assessment of GI bleeding. NG tubes can also be used for enteral feeding initially.
Request Brochure for Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=Brep_id=44787
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Nasogastric Tube Market
- Rise in prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disorders, cancer, and bleeding disorders boosts the growth of the global nasogastric tube market
- Increase in the number of preterm births and surge in geriatric population base are projected to fuel the growth of the global nasogastric tube market
- According to the World Health Organization (February 19, 2018), an estimated 15 million babies are born preterm (born before 37 completed weeks of gestation) and the number is rising. The rate of preterm birth ranges from 5% to 18% in 184 countries.
- According to the World Health Organization, population aged 60 years and above is anticipated to rise from 900 million in 2015 to 2000 million in 2050
- However, developmental delays and side effects such as skin irritation, tube dislocation, tube perforation, gagging, and retching are expected to hamper the growth of the global nasogastric tube market during the forecast period
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Nasogastric Tube Market –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Nasogastric Tube Market
- In terms of region, the global nasogastric tube market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global nasogastric tube market due to high prevalence of chronic diseases among the population and rise in preterm births in the U.S. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, preterm birth rate in the U.S. was 10% in 2018, and has increased for the fourth consecutive year from 2015 to 2018
- Europe is anticipated to account for significant market share due to availability of exceptionally sophisticated health care facilities, increase in geriatric population, high health care outlay, and surge in patient awareness. Additionally, development of product portfolio because of increase in research development and implementation of promising health care policies is expected to drive the market in the region.
- The nasogastric tube market in Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to rise in health care infrastructure. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population and rise in prevalence of chronic diseases are projected to propel the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East Africa is anticipated to grow at a steady pace because of low economic development in the region
Pre book Market Report -
Key Players Operating in Global Nasogastric Tube Market
Major players operating in the global nasogastric tube market are:
- Guangdong Baihe Medical Technology Co., Ltd.
- Q Holding Company
- Bicakcilar AS
- Vygon SA
- Pacific Hospital Supply Co., Ltd.
- Well Lead Medical Co., Ltd.
- Hangzhou Formed Medical Devices Co., Ltd.
- Other Prominent Players
Read More Information:
Browse more Market Reports:
High Potency Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market:
Bioremediation Technology Services Market:
Endocrine Testing Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453