Coinbase 2-step verification is a process that works as an extra layer of security to safeguard your privacy, data, and funds. Most of the Coinbase account users are using this feature for a safe and secure crypto trading journey without any trouble. But at the same time, few among us are getting trouble signing in to their Coinbase login account due to Coinbase 2-step verification. This problem may occur if you are not able to verify the mobile number that is linked with your Coinbase account. People who are facing 2FA issues with their Coinbase account need to go through a troubleshooting process to fix it. Today this read is going to help you in troubleshooting the Coinbase 2-step verification issues.
Way to troubleshoot Coinbase 2-step verification
People who are getting issues in verifying the mobile number need to use a new mobile number to verify the identity. If you are not aware of the process then go through the quick steps to troubleshoot this issue. Make sure that you remember the old mobile number correctly as you will need to provide it to complete this process.
- Open a device browser or Coinbase pro login mobile app
- Login to your Coinbase account using your username and password
- When asked for a 2-step verification code, click the ‘I need help’ option
- Choose the ‘I need to update my phone’ option from the screen
- Now, provide the details of the old phone number and new phone number details
- If asked, provide a photo of the front and back of your ID card
- Upload a real-time webcam photo of yourself
- Now, get to the ‘Submit’ button and click on it
Once you finish all the steps carefully, you will be able to log in to your Coinbase account after 24 hours. After 48 hours, all your trading capabilities will be restored successfully.
To sum up, the Coinbase 2-step authentication troubleshoot process helps to restore the trading capabilities. For your security, Coinbase may restrict access to trading tools. But this restriction is only for short while. You will be able to re-access the Coinbase.com login account after 24-48 hours of restriction. After going through the troubleshooting process, you may be asked to verify your new mobile number to access the account. Users who have forgotten the old mobile number details need to contact Coinbase support to speak about it.