While trying to activate your Microsoft 365 subscription via microsoft365.com/setup you might come across some unavoidable issues that are a result of internal or external factors. So, if you are also facing issues while trying to activate your subscription, you may use the troubleshooting instructions given in this useful article.
Sometimes, error messages like "Sorry, we can't connect to your account. Please try again later" or "Microsoft Office can't find your license" might appear on your screen hinting that you have done something wrong during the activation.
Therefore, to eradicate these issues, you must first learn the factors responsible for the same and then try to fix the activation issues. Once you are done with that, you can go ahead with activating your subscription again via microsoft365.com/setup.
Factors responsible for activation issues
- There is an older version of Office available on your PC
- Your device is not receiving a good or seamless internet connection
- You are not using the same account to log in that you used for purchasing the subscription
Now that we know the factors responsible for the same, let us know the method to get rid of the issue as fast as possible.
Ways to resolve the issue
Solution 1- Delete previous versions of Office
- From any browser, go to microsoft365.com/setup
- Then, log in as an admin to your Microsoft account
- Now, go to the 'Admin users' section
- From here, choose the user on whose device you're facing activation issues
- Then, navigate to the 'Office Installs' section
- And, tap on the 'Edit' option.
- From here, you can remove unwanted registrations
Solution 2- choose a valid account for activation
- Open a browser and go to the Office admin portal
- Then, log in to your Microsoft account with which you have purchased your subscription
- Select the user who is having issues
- Now, check if the same user has subscribed to the Office version
Solution 3- Delete cached details
If there are some older credentials of Microsoft stored in the Office manager, then you would face activation issues. You can easily remove these credentials by navigating to the credentials manager available on the control panel of your device.