Wonder how some simple changes in the way we dress, talk and move can keep regular conflicts at bay. Well, these easy changes can indeed help you nurture long-lasting relationships and ensure friction-less interactions. Simply, follow the six-step mantra and witness a sea-change in the way you get along with people.
- Side-by-side- As per research, people like each other, agree to the viewpoint of their partner and retain what they discuss, when they sit, stand or walk sideways rather than facing each other. Two women or a man and a woman are more likely to face each other while talking and discussing, which doesn’t make them feel connected and could ultimately result in different opinions. While two men intuitively sidle, this instantly attunes them to each other. So, when you need to resolve a concern, you better bring your partner to your side.
- Hunt for the core issue-if you are at loggerheads with your friend over some issue for more than ten minutes, you are probably beating about the bush. Because the chances are that you would not be fighting the real issue thereby limiting the possibility of the core issue to be solved during the discussion. Hence, it is very important to look for the real issue in the argument.
- Recognize the pattern of lying-Commonly, the majority of people while lying put an innocent expression on their faces. But your task is to detect the duration and timing of that expression adorning their faces. While overlooking their false expression and answers to your questions take notice of their pattern of lying. Whether they put the expression too soon or too late, and for how long this loathed expression remains on their faces. This understanding might guide you in judging their truthfulness.
- Make your way through your scent-Good Fragrance is a major turn-on. At the airport or on the bus stand, you instantly turn your head to the person sporting a good scent. The natural scents are believed to bring positivity around your space. It refreshes people and actually makes them feel revived and regenerated. Now bring this positivity and liveliness to your environment since your bosses and colleagues may consider your scented environment one day. Spray a light scent on your uniform everyday for its refreshing nature and familiar smell.
- Be straight and specific-Avoid making general statements and hit people in their eye. General statements and clichés are often less credible. They have little reminding abilities in contrast to their tailor-made counterparts. When you want to bask in attention, be specific and talk sense.
- Watch the way you dress-Steer clear of the detailed and patterned clothing, especially wear something subtle and plain on the torso. We go for a simple and uncomplicated bodice to increase the attention span of the person we are in conversation with.